Saturday 2 March 2019

Less is More Challenge #390



Hello and happy Saturday!  
It's time for a new challenge at Less is More and this fortnight our theme is Horoscopes! This can be either: star signs, horoscope animals like fish, lion, bull, crab, scorpion, horoscope constellations or any other link with horoscopes that you can think of.  Visible Image are our very generous sponsor this month. Click HEREVisible Imageto go check them out!  

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is Jayne Tyrrell with this beautiful card using a Visible Image stamp set. Click HERE to take you over to the Less is More challenge for a ton more inspiration from our Design Team.                          
For my card, I used the stars from the gorgeous Born to Perform stamp set.  I can't wait to use that pretty ballerina on a card!  I sponged CP Inks in Suede Shoes and Royal Treatment onto a piece of Bristol card stock.  I stamped the stars in versamark ink and white heat embossed them.  I added some little specks using a white gel pen and some glitter then die cut using a circle die.  I adhered my circle panel onto a top folding card base and stamped the sentiment from a Clearly Besotted stamp set.  I must admit, I did struggle at first to think of something relating to Horoscopes but then I saw those dotted stars and thought they were perfect!

 


We would love you to join us!  All you have to do is make a CAS card using the theme of Horoscopes and link it up to our challenge HERE.  Don't forget we like to see lots of white space on your card.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.




8 comments:

  1. Great take on the theme! I love the night sky you created and the layout of this card is super -love the sentiment stamped in an angle. Very creative and stylish! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Michelle. That panel of gorgeous blue is so rich that it looks like velvet. Love the fact that you used stars as the main focus. A brilliant take on the theme. (The ballerina is on my wish list!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Michelle ! Your night sky is just amazing and I love how the dotted stars pop up over. Your blending is so beautiful that you succeeded to give a 3D dimension to this circle panel. Fabulous ! Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Mcihelle. Love the 3D effect you've achieved on the cicle piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...that blue is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this looks 3D! I thought, at first, that you had a dome popping out of your card. Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks? Anyway, your starry card is sensational xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous background for those wonderful stars. It does indeed, look 3D. Great take on the challenge, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apologies for being so late and a terrible teamie! I must say the blend on your circle creates so much dimension, it just leaps off the card. And the crisp white embossing adds even more drama, great make x

    ReplyDelete