Tuesday 5 February 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Mon Ami and coloured pencils.

Hello and happy Tuesday! I am over on the CAS-ual Fridays blog today with two cards using the beautiful Mon Ami stamp set and Fri-Dies.
I love to colour and the floral images from the Mon Ami set are so quick and easy to colour in.  I have used my Prisma pencils today and blended them with some 
blending solution (Gamsol).  Of course you don't need to use any blending solution with the pencils but I find that sometimes they need a bit of fine tuning depending on the type of card stock you are using.  I stamped and coloured heaps of flowers and die cut them all out so I now have some on hand when I need a quick card!

I've kept my first card very CAS by popping the centre  flower up with foam squares and then adhering the two blue flowers either side and stamping the sentiment underneath.   I love this sentiment, it makes for a beautiful thank you card!


For my next card, I stepped it up a bit and used lots of dimension by adding a card panel to my card base.  The centre flower is again popped up with dimensional squares.  I stamped the sentiment as my stem and hand drew the stems for the other two flowers.  The leaves are cut out and adhered although in hind sight I could have just stamped them directly onto my card panel.  This was still a pretty quick card to make.


You have probably noticed that I like clean and simple but you could definitely jazz these up by adding some patterned paper to them.  I love black and white and I thing some black and white striped paper would look stunning added to these cards.  There are lots of possibilities!  

Here's a link to the stamp sets I have used.



Don't forget you can use my special code below for 15% discount in the CAS-ual Fridays shop!


Thanks for looking and I'll see you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. A pair of stunning cards Michelle. Love how you've used this stamp set. Beautiful colouring as usual.

    ReplyDelete